- Dish type
- Main course
Comfort food at its best, this rich and creamy risotto, flavoured with tangy blue cheese and smokey bacon, is a real feast.
20 people made this
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 275g risotto rice
- 100ml dry white wine
- 850ml chicken stock, hot
- 2 rindless smoked bacon rashers, chopped
- 75g Gorgonzola, cubed
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:35min
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Add the shallots and cook over a low heat for 3 minutes. Add the rice and stir with a wooden spoon until the grains become translucent and have absorbed most of the oil.
- Pour in the wine and stir constantly until it is absorbed. Add sufficient hot stock to just cover the rice, stir, and cook until all the liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally. Repeat this process two or three times until the stock is used up.
- Meanwhile, gently cook the bacon in a frying pan or grill until crispy.
- Stir the Gorgonzola and crème fraiche into the risotto. Grind over some pepper and taste to check the seasoning. Scatter over the bacon and serve immediately.
*If the risotto turns out too thick, add a little extra hot stock at the end of cooking. *Replace the Gorgonzola with Roquefort, add some crushed walnut pieces and substitute smoked ham for the bacon.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
this was a brilliant recipe. i used it for part of my Catering GCSE.-12 Nov 2013